The 2011 FIM Environmental Award was presented during the FIM Gala Ceremony held on 4 December in Estoril, Portugal. After having reviewed the 5 candidatures, the Jury composed of:
o Mr Andrzej Witkowski, FIM Award and Recognition Committee Representative
o Mrs Kattia Hernandez, FIM International Environment Commission (CIE) Director
o Ms Jill Savery, Olympic Gold medallist and environmental consultant
o Mr Even Wiger, Director of Sustainability at the FIA Foundation
decided to award Motorcycling Australia (MA) for their impressive work on the McAdam Park circuit to promote sustainability that included the following achievements:
• Contribution to the development of a sustainable motorcycling,
• Commitment to reduce the environmental footprint of motorcycling events in Australia, especially at the McAdam Park circuit, and promote the respect of the environment,
• Involvement of the local community while organising events,
• Involvement and education of future generations,
• Development of a global programme that includes all actions taken before, during and after the event,
• Presentation of a model for other sporting venues.
A special mention was also given by the Jury to Federación Catalana de Motociclismo (FCM) for their continuous effort to promote a sustainable motorcycling and for their support to the motorcycling community in the Catalan region.