The Czech Republic motocross championship starts this weekend with the opening race on the track in Dalecin. Favorable location, experienced Czech organizers and the released measures due to coronavirus attract the resounding names of the world motocross to the Czech republic. Factory teams revealed that the leading MX2 rider Tom Vialle should start on the track in Dalecin, but also we can look forward to other well-known names like Jago Geerts, Max Nagl, Liam Everts or Rene Hofer.
"We are among the first in Europe to start the local championship, in other countries it is still stopped. Riders need to train for the World Championship and they are starting to register with us. In addition, races with spectators can be held in the Czech Republic, so the championship will have the right atmosphere. It will be an extremely attractive spectacle for motocross fans, "added Jan Stovicek, the President of the Autoclub of the Czech Republic.
In addition to world-class riders, the FIM Motocross Commission Director, Antonio Alia Portela, will be in attendance to evaluate the protocols and restrictions: "The legendary track of Dalecin will open the Czech Motocross Championship this weekend. To the great joy of the riders, the teams and the fans, the long wait is finally over! It may seem like ‘getting back to business’, but don’t be mistaken, it will not be ‘business as usual’. Because of the Coronavirus, the event will be run under strict and restrictive conditions. We cannot but be in admiration of the organisers who have accepted this challenge. We are all looking forward to being part of it and wish everybody a safe and successful event."
Obviously the relevant and appropriate provisions will be put in place to ensure a safe return to racing, these will include the following key protocols and restrictions:
· Spectators will not be able to enter the paddock or any rider areas.
· Riders will be issued with a limited number of passes for their team use. Additional, but limited quantities of further passes will be available for riders to purchase at a reduced price.
· Spectators will enter via separate entrances / car parks and will have access to separate toilets and refreshments.
· Spectator sectors will be limited to 1000 per sector. Each sector will be designated by a different colour wristband that will be issued on entry.
· Spectators must remain within their designated sector at all times.
· Riders must complete their administration / technical verification cards prior to arrival and use their own pen at all times. The relevant cards will be made available online in advance.
· Face coverings must be worn in accordance with the latest health authority guidance.
· Sanitising points will be available at points throughout the venue.
FIM & ACCR