FIM Deputy President Jorge Viegas and FIM CEO Stéphane Desprez attended the 11th edition of Asia’s largest motorcycle exhibition - CIMAMotor - held in Chongqing International Convention and Exhibition Center, China. Held annually since 2002, CIMAMotor has become one of the world’s largest events for commuter motorcycles after 10 years of continuous development.
Chinese motorcycles, accounting for over 50% of output and sales worldwide, have been N°1 in the global market for several consecutive years, and Chinese motorcycle exports also hit world record levels for several years in a row.
In China, over 99% motorcycles are used as commuting tools, while the ones that are exported are mostly found in third world countries. Given the position and industrial situation of Chinese motorcycles, CIMAMotor is the most important international platform for brand displaying, product trade, technology transfer and information release, and the preferred show for both manufacturers and buyers of commuter motorcycles.
On this occasion, for their visit to China, the FIM Deputy President and FIM CEO visited the Chinese manufacturers Zongshen, Jianshe and Shineray.
Photo captions from top to bottom:
• Jianshe plant Managers, Jorge Viegas, Stéphane Desprez & Directors of the Chinese Motor Sports Association (CMSA) during the visit of the Jianshe factory.
• Jay Ling, Jane Jia - Responsible for CIMAMotor organization, FIM Deputy President Jorge Viegas and David McMullan, journalist in charge of the FIM trip to China.
• Zhang Jian - Director of Production at Zongshen, Jorge Viegas, Yuan Chun - Coordinator CMSA & Lin Gang, Zongshen CEO.
• Meeting with Zongshen representatives in the presence of CMSA members.
• Jorge Viegas with Mr. Zuo Zongshen – Founder, Owner & President of the Zongshen Group.