During the last four months, Infront Moto Racing alongside the FIM, National Federations and organisers have been continuously involved in discussions with local governments with the common goal to preserve the maximum number of events in order to deliver a credible Championship and at the same time to support all the stakeholders in Motocross.
Unfortunately, the MXGPs of Czech Republic, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Indonesia and Asia have been postponed to 2021.
Principle modifications to the calendar:
- The MXGP calendar will resume with three consecutive events in Kegums; the MXGP of Latvia (8/9 August), Riga (11/12 August) and Kegums (15/16 August).
- The MXGP of Emilia Romagna will change venue to Faenza for two consecutive events: the MXGP of Italy (15/16 September) and the MXGP of Emilia Romagna (19/20 September).
- The MXGP of Winchester in Matterley Basin (Great Britain) on 26/27 September.
- New on the calendar is the MXGP Lombardia in Mantova (Italy-3/4 October).
- There will be three consecutive events in Lommel (Belgium); the MXGP of Flanders (17/18 October), Limburg (20/21 October) and Lommel (24/25 October)
- MXGP of Trentino in Pietramurata (Italy) has been scheduled on a later date (31 October/1 November).
The MXGP of Russia and the MXGP of Portugal remain part of the 2020 FIM Motocross World Championship calendar as TBC depending on the ongoing national conditions.
Unfortunately, the Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations in Ernée, France has had to be postponed to 2023 due to the severe restrictions related to the ongoing Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, which forbid mass public gatherings in France. Infront Moto Racing are now working with Steve Dixon to bring the 2020 Monster Energy FIM MXoN to Matterley Basin (Great Britain); the event, which is nearly 3 months away will conform to the outdoor event guidance regulations.
In order to provide the riders with a longer recovery period, the MXGP and MX2 race action will be concentrated on one day, with free/timed practice taking place in the morning and the races starting from 12h00 into the afternoon. The European Championship and/or the Women’s World Championship will be run on the day prior.
Participants in the FIM Motocross of Nations will also gain points towards the FIM MXGP/MX2 Motocross World Championships. Infront Moto Racing and the FIM are working on the regulations for this new format, with the principle and the soul of the Nations event very much in mind.
Prior to each event, Infront will inform all the stakeholders, media and fans about the specific COVID-19 restrictions and protocols in place.
Infront Moto Racing and the FIM would like to thank the National Federations, organisers, the manufacturers, partners, riders, teams and fans for their cooperation, patience, understanding and support.
FIM & Infront Moto Racing
|01 March||ACU||Matterley Basin||Great Britain||Women|
|27 September||ACU||Matterley Bassin||Great Britain|
|11 October||RFME||intu Xanadú-Arroyomolinos||Spain|
|To be confirmed||MFR||Orlyonok||Russia|
|To be confirmed||FMP||Agueda||Portugal|
|To Be Confirmed - 27 September - Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations – Matterley Bassin (Great Britain)|