New FIM Board of Directors & restructuring of FIM
Following the recent presidential election and the announcement of new governance positions the FIM confirms the composition of the new Board of Directors and presents the restructuring of the Administration.
Board of Directors
- Mr Jorge Viegas, FIM President
- Mr Jacques Bolle, Vice-President
- Mr Jorgen Bitsch, Board Member
- Mr Giovanni Copioli, Board Member
- Mr Jos Driessen, Board Member
- Mr Jan Stovicek, Board Member
- Mr Robert Dingman, FIM North America President and representative of Continental Unions
- Mr Marco Comana, FIM Africa President
- Mr Stephan Carapiet, FIM Asia President
- Mr Martin De Graaff, FIM Europe 1st Deputy President - Acting President
- Mr Pedro Venturo Lañas, FIM Latin America President
- Mr Glen Williams, FIM Oceania President
Mr Viegas will hereby take up the role of acting CEO until the FIM Commissions Conference, which will take place mid-February 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Under his leadership some important changes in the structure of the FIM administration have also been put in place with the following appointments:
- Ms Françoise Emery - Deputy CEO
- Mr Jean-Paul Gombeaud - Sports Director
- Mr Fabio Muner - Marketing Director
- Mr Damiano Zamano – Director, Touring & Leisure - FIM Academy - Subsidies and Logistics
- Ms Nita Korhonen - As of February 2019, Ms Korhonen will be in charge of relations between the FIM and its Affiliated Federations and Continental Unions. She will also manage the logistical aspect of all FIM events.
- Ms Isabelle Larivière – Communication Manager
“The team is almost complete and the work is progressing with the full collaboration and commitment of the Administration. I take this opportunity to welcome Mr Pedro Venturo Lañas, recently elected FIM Latin America President, and congratulate Mr Marco Comana on his re-election as FIM Africa President”, concluded Mr Jorge Viegas, FIM President.