For more than a decade, the FIM has been working with the United Nations Environment programme to support one of their largest and recognised campaigns namely World Environment Day. This annual event was first held in 1974 it is now supported by over 143 countries.
This year the theme is “biodiversity” which is of great importance. We enjoy nature, but it is one of the greatest environmental challenges we face.
Take action for nature and be a part of the World Environment Day celebrations by joining the events we have prepared for you for this occasion:
• FIM Latin America Webinar in Spanish:"Medioambiente y sotenibilidad en motociclismo". Yesterday FIM Latin america organised a webinar dedicated to the environmental history and actions taken in the continent with Laia Sanz ambassadorwith the participation of 6 iberoamerican woman working in this area including Laia Sanz, FIM environmental ambassador and Kattia Juarez, the Director FIM Sustainability commission.
• FIM Webinar in English: "How to protect and foster biodiversity in motorcycling" Friday 5 June at 17:00 (CET) via zoom - Registration open to the public Here
• Take part in the QUIZ! "How much do you know about biodiversity"
Put your knowledge to the test today from Friday 5 June at 12:00 to Monday 8 June included.
• Participants will include FIM Environmental Ambassadors: Takahisa Fujinami, Greg Hancock, Marc Márquez, Randy de Puniet, Pablo Quintanilla , Alex Salvini and Laia Sanz who will support the campaign via their social media channels.
• The FIM partner GBRacing will announce the launch of its new ZERO-e sustainability project to coincide with World Environment Day.
Watch the UNEP video at THIS LINK