Mr Vito Ippolito (Venezuela) was elected FIM President during the General Assembly at the FIM Congress in Salvador, Brazil, on 16 October 2006. He was re-elected during the General Assembly at the FIM Congress in Macau on 19 October 2010 for a second four-year mandate.
Vito Ippolito is Venezuelan; born on 3 February 1952, married, 3 children.
Master degree in Philosophy.
Languages: Spanish, Italian, English, French
- President of the FMV (Venezuelan Federation) from 1992 to 2006.
- Member of the FIM Road Racing Commission from 1984 until 1990.
- FIM Vice-President from 1990 to 1996.
- FIM Deputy President from 1997 to 2006.
- President of the ULM (Union Latino-Americana de Motociclismo) from 1984 until 1998.
- Manager of the team Venemotos whose rider Carlos Lavado became 250 Grand Prix World Champion in 1983 and 1986.
Vito Ippolito is the first non-European elected President of the FIM since its foundation in 1904.