Gdańsk seems to be lucky for Artur Mroczka. The Poole Pirates’ sensation has won the Polish Final in April and now he is back fighting the international level. Artur is surely the main candidate to win in Gdańsk making his road to the 2010 FIM Speedway Under 21World Championship Semi-Finals.
Mroczka will have tough opponents in his countrymen Adrian Szewczykowski and Damian Sperz. Gdańsk is a home track for Sperz who will try to use this advantage and should be able to make the podium. In Polish Final he finished third just behind Mroczka and Maciej Janowski.
Track in Gdańsk is familiar also to Ukraine’s Andriy Kobrin who has been starting for the local club together with Sperz for a few years. Experience of the track should make a great advantage, considering the fact the most of the riders will start in Gdańsk for the first time.
Keep eyes on Russian’s Artem Laguta who had some occasions to ride in Gdańsk during the league visits from Daugavpils.
Gdańsk is hosting on of the 2010 FIM Speedway Under 21World Championship
Finals along with Daugavpils and Pardubice.
2010 FIM Speedway Under 21World Championship QR 3 - Gdansk (Poland) 15.05.2010 - Starting List I
1. Artur Mroczka PZM Poland
2. Anton Rose´n SVEMO Sweden
3. Adrian Szewczykowski PZM Poland
4. Sam Masters MA Australia
5. Andriy Kobrin FMU Ukraine
6. Artem Laguta MFR Russia
7. Michal Dudek ACCR Czech Republic
8. Eric Pudel DMSB Germany
9. Joe Haines ACU Great Britain
10. Tyson Nelson MA Australia
11. Serhiy Borisenko FMU Ukraine
12. Kalle Katajisto SML Finland
13. Damian Sperz PZM Poland
14. Vadim Tarasenko MFR Russia
15. Kyle Hughes ACU Great Britain
16. Vaclav Milik ACCR Czech Republic
17. Kamil Fleger PZM Poland (Reserve rider)
18. Marcel Szymko PZM Poland (Reserve rider)
Photo Credit: Slawomir Zylak